The complete cooking program for beginners
who want to master the art of French cooking.
Get Started with French Cooking is our flagship course that teaches the classic techniques you need to cook French food with the confidence of a chef. This is a 'hands on' course, with easy to follow cooking tutorials that break down the theory behind cooking as well as getting you practicing what you learn, just like in a culinary school.
A simple way to learn French cooking at home.
French cooking is much loved, and yet so feared, especially for newcomers in the kitchen.
Yes, French cuisine can be complicated, made up of many layered techniques, but Stephane has a knack for making it easy to understand. In this course he guides you through the basics of French cuisine,
one technique at a time, to build your confidence in the kitchen.
Fast track your cooking journey.
Get Started with French Cooking targets the most relevant cooking skills for home cooking so that you can learn the basics in a fraction of the time it takes to learn the same techniques in a culinary school.
What you get...
12 Units covering the most relevant techniques to cook French food.
More than 70 video lessons.
Cooking demonstrations filmed in a home kitchen for an authentic home cooking experience.
Practice recipes to apply what you learn.
A catalogue of more than 30 authentic recipes.
4 Recipe Challenges to apply the layered techniques you learn.
A Certificate of Completion upon submitting 2 Recipe Challenge evaluations.
Learning materials to deepen your knowledge of French cooking.
Access to the French Cooking Academy student group - a supportive space to share your cooking journey.
Flexibilty. Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device.
30-day money-back guarantee. Try it out and get a full refund if it’s not right for you.
Evergreen Course. You have access to updates added over time.
Learn how to cook, not just follow recipes.
Have you ever tried to follow a recipe when an unfamiliar technique turns up that throws you? Often the result is delay, frustration or even culinary disaster. Learning the classic French techniques that are the foundation of many cuisines will not only give you the skills to tackle most recipes, but also the confidence to add your own touch to dishes.
To be a better cook, you need to master the basics first.
Every great chef has tread the path of learning the basic techniques of French cuisine. Get Started with French Cooking is based on the same classic skills taught in French culinary schools to make you a more skillful cook in your own kitchen.
Ongoing student Support.
Along the way, you will be supported by your instructor, Stephane, and fellow students via our exclusive online student group to ensure you get the feedback and motivation you need to succeed in your French cooking journey.
Mise en place
Learn how to use the important principle of mise en place to improve efficiency and results in the kitchen
Knife skills & cuts
Learn the range of knife skills a chef must know to start cutting and slicing vegetables like a pro
Learn vegetable cooking techniques like monder, glazing, caramelizing, white cooking and more
Rice cooking 101
Learn how to make the perfect rice every time to accompany your French dishes
Cook legumes and pulses
Learn how to re-hydrate and cook a range of legumes and pulses
Master potato dishes
Discover the techniques to transform the humble potato into a range of classic French side dishes
The perfect quiche
Discover quiche making techniques to make beautiful quiches every time
Master the basic range of cooking stocks including meat-based, fish and vegetable
Make demi-glace & glace
Once you master the classic stocks you can start exploring more advanced techniques like demi-glace and glace
The mother sauces
Learn to make the 5 classic French mother sauces
Meat cooking techniques
Learn the fundamental techniques to cook meat that guarantee perfect results
How to saute
Learn the French cooking technique of sautéing
How to Braise
Master the classic French braising technique
How to pot roast
Learn how to roast and pot roast the French way
Learn the secrets to make brown and white ragouts
Cook the perfect steak
Learn how to cook steaks perfectly to achieve the right level of doneness
Preparing meat for cooking
Discover how you need to prepare different meats for different cooking methods
Instant pan sauces
Understand how you can create delicious pan sauces from different cooking methods
Pork chops sauce Robert
Take the challenge and make delicious pork cutlets served with an instant pan sauce
Fish filet sauce Dugléré
Take the challenge and create this dish of poached fish filets served with a short sauce
Take the challenge and cook the crowd pleasing hunter's chicken
No strings attached.
If you change your mind you have 30 days to obtain a full refund. No questions asked.
"I have been able to make a number of dishes I'd never tried before with this course. The food is incredibly delicious and the chef makes it clear step by step how to do it (some things are more challenging than others, but if you follow instructions, it's all doable!). Also it's improved my overall cooking with some of the techniques. LOVE this course."
"Before purchasing the course, I followed the YouTube channel and thoroughly enjoyed cooking along with the recipes. Now with the course he goes much more in depth and teaches in a manner that anybody can follow. It's well worth the money and is perfect for anybody that just wants a new hobby or has thought they should learn to cook but didn't know where to start."
"Stephane is wonderful! I have never been able to cook but now I can cook French dishes that amaze and please my family and guests!! And Stephane is so entertaining as he very efficiently teaches French cooking skills! I recommend his classes to everyone!"
- Lesson 1: Making the Shortcrust Pastry (6:40)
- Lesson 2: Rolling Out the Dough (8:55)
- Lesson 3: Blind Baking the Dough (optional) (2:20)
- Lesson 4: Making the Savory Custard (2:04)
- Lesson 5: Prepare the Garnish and Cook the Quiche Lorraine (4:53)
- Lesson 6: Create your own Quiche Recipe (2:51)
- The Quiche Guide
- Lesson 1: Why Stocks are So Important? (3:34)
- Lesson 2: How to Make a Vegetable Stock (8:04)
- Lesson 3: How to Make a Fish Fumet (8:54)
- Lesson 4: How to Make White Chicken Stock (6:40)
- Lesson 5: How to Make a Brown Chicken Stock (7:43)
- Lesson 6: How to Thicken Stocks (Fond Lié) (5:18)
- Lesson 7: How to Make a Veal Short Stock (7:51)
- Lesson 8: Advanced Techniques: Demi-Glace and Glace (9:50)
- Test your Knowledge
- Lesson 1: The Science Behind French Sauces (6:16)
- Lesson 2: Roux: The Essential Building Block (7:10)
- Lesson 3: From Roux to Mother Sauce (Bechamel) (8:51)
- Lesson 4 : Creating a Daughter Sauce (Bechamel to Mornay) (4:57)
- Lesson 5 : Velouté
- Lesson 6: The Classic Tomato Sauce (9:21)
- Lesson 7: How to Make a Sauce Espagnole (8:44)
- Lesson 8: Understanding Emulsified Sauces (3:43)
- Lesson 9: Cold Emulsified Sauces: Make a Vinaigrette (French Dressing) (8:31)
- Lesson 10: Cold Emulsified Sauces: Make a Mayonnaise Sauce (4:26)
- Lesson 11: Warm Emulsified Sauces: Make a Hollandaise Sauce (14:34)
- Bonus sauce: Make a Beurre Blanc (Sauce for Poached Fish) (21:02)
- Bonus: Introduction to Pan Sauces: Make a Pepper Steak Sauce (13:01)
- Test your Knowledge
- What is Sauteing?
- Lesson 1: Sautéing Steaks and Make a Red Wine Pan Sauce (Entrecote Marchand de Vin) (12:50)
- Lesson 2: Sautéing Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce (Poulet Creme Champignons) (9:47)
- Lesson 3: Sautéing Chicken with Bourguignonne Sauce (Poulet Sauce Bourguignonne) (10:37)
- Lesson 4: Sautéing Duck Breast with Green Peppercorn Pan Sauce (Magret Poivre Vert) (5:18)
- Lesson 5: Sautéing Pork Medallions (Pork Tenderloin) (10:18)
- Lesson 6: Sautéing Fish Trout "a la Meunière" (Truite aux Amandes) (11:53)
- Lesson 7: Sautéing Veal Schnitzels (Escalopes Paneés a l'Anglaise) (6:54)
- Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- Blanquette de Veau a l'Ancienne Recipe
- Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe
- Boeuf Carrotte Recipe
- Bouillon de Legumes Recipe
- Entrecote Maitre d'Hotel Recipe
- Espagnole Sauce Recipe
- Fish Filets Duglere Recipe
- Fond Blanc de Volaille Recipe (White Chicken Stock)
- Fumet de Poisson Recipe
- Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
- Haricots Blanc Sauce Tomate Recipe
- Haricots Verts Vinaigrette (Green Beans) Recipe
- Haricots Verts Saute Lyonnaise Recipe
- Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- Jus de Veau (Veal Stock) Recipe
- Jus de Volaille (Short Stock) Recipe
- Mornay Sauce Recipe
- Pepper Steak Pan Sauce Recipe
- Pommes Puree Recipe
- Pork Chop Sauce Robert Recipe
- Potage Cultivateur Recipe
- Potato Boulangeres Recipe
- Poulet Chasseur Recipe
- Sauce Creme Recipe
- Saucisses aux Lentilles Recipe
- Tomates Facon Provencale Recipe
- Tomato Sauce Recipe
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you’re a beginner who loves good food and wants to learn the basics of French cuisine fast. Or perhaps you're learning how to cook and want to improve your skills and achieve greater success with your cooking results.
Who is this course NOT suitable for?
This course focuses on the basics of French cooking and is not aimed at experienced home cooks or professional chefs.
Can’t I just learn this stuff from watching YouTube?
It’s true that you can learn a lot from Youtube and it’s a great resource for recipes. But if you’re serious about learning how to cook YouTube has its limitations. This course goes more in depth than YouTube and teaches a complete range of culinary techniques in sequence and structured so you’re learning like a professional would. The course also has heaps of cooking exercises, recipes and resources to help guide your transformation from just following recipes to knowing how to cook.
How much time commitment is required for the course?
This course is completely self-paced. You decide when you start and when you finish. There are 12 Units with a combination of theory lessons, cooking demonstrations and recipe challenges videos with around 10 hours of watch time in total. Plus there are cooking exercises, recipe practice and learning materials so the time to complete will vary from person to person.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have lifetime access to all course materials and videos. You’ll always have access to any updates made to the course at no additional cost.
Do I need certain equipment to complete the course?
Yes. To get the most out of this cooking course, you will need access to some basic kitchen tools, cookware and a functional kitchen. What you will need to cook along with Stephane is covered off in the course material.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
You bet! If you find that the course is not for you within 30 days of purchase, just let us know and we'll provide a full refund.
Why is the course in US Dollars?
The reason we work with US Dollars is because the USD is the most widely-accepted currency around the world. But don’t worry. You can purchase the course with any debit or credit card, no matter where you live, and your bank will automatically convert the USD to your local currency at the market rate.