A French cooking course for beginners
Get Started with French Cooking is an online course for people new to French cooking. It will teach you the core French cooking techniques you need to cook delicious French dishes. Get started with French cooking is a series of practical “hands-on" cooking classes that teaches the theory behind cooking techniques as well as getting you practicing what you learn, just like you would in a French culinary school.
What will you learn?
THIS COURSE WILL TAKE YOU FROM BEGINNER TO FEELING CONFIDENT IN YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE DELICIOUS FRENCH DISHES
- Get organised in your kitchen. Learn about the essential ingredients and the best knives and cookware that will enhance your end results.
- Learn how to apply the important culinary method of mise en place to your home cooking. These simple principles will make your life easier in the kitchen and improve your cooking results.
- Master the techniques used in French cuisine to optimize the flavors, colors and textures of fresh vegetables and legumes.
- Learn the secrets to cooking the perfect rice and legumes.
- Discover how to make the most common crowd pleasing potato dishes: gratin, sauté and the world's best pomme puree.
- Learn the skills to make a delicious range of quiches.
- Learn to make the 5 great stocks of French cuisine which will transform your dishes.
- Tackle emulsions, roux and the 5 mother sauces so indispensable in French cuisine. Also learn how to master the sauté deglace technique.
- Learn the theory behind 3 classic cooking methods to create delicious pan sauces and increase variety in cooking meats, fish and poultry.
- Master the basics of poaching and steaming
- Learn to sauté meats and the technique sautée déglacer, an instant pan sauce to serve along with your meat.
- Learn how to roast the French way and appreciate the art of pot roasting.
- Explore the world of ragouts and braised meats: two similar techniques that yield deliciously different results.
- At the end of the course you will be put to the test with 4 recipe challenges complete with a side dish to get you applying the techniques you’ve learnt and receive your Certificate of Completion.
Want to have a free sample of the course?
Does this sound familiar?
French culinary techniques are the bedrock of cooking in the Western World. Time has proven the validity and success of these techniques and they're used in restaurant kitchens across the world. These same techniques will make you a more skillful and confident cook in your own kitchen.
Keeping things simple
Don't believe the myth that making great French food is only for the professionals or that it should be intimidating. Get Started with French Cooking is different than the rest. No celebrity chef egos, rushed explanations or daggy music. Just techniques that are precise, easy to follow and relevant for you, the home cook.
Get started now!
What you'll get:
- 12 Units covering the most relevant skills and techniques to cook French food
- More than 60 video lessons in total
- Includes Cooking and Technical Demonstrations filmed in a home kitchen to give you an authentic home cooking experience
- Practice recipes to apply what you learn as you go along
- A catalogue of authentic French recipes
- 4 Recipe Challenges to apply the layered techniques you learn
- A Certificate of Completion upon submitting 2 Recipe Challenge evaluations
- Bonus Video Lessons to expand your culinary toolkit
- Learning materials to deepen your knowledge of French cooking
- Access to the private French Cooking Academy Facebook group; a space to share tips, recipes and cooking advice
- Flexible. Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device
- 30-day money-back guarantee. Try it out and get a full refund if it’s not right for you
- An Evergreen Course which means you’ll always get access to new videos and material added over time
Here’s what current students have to say:
"My cooking has improved greatly. I know how to cook basic food, how to choose it, which temperatures to use. I now understand it more. I am no longer stuck to the traditional recipes that I followed. I started getting new ideas, and now I can even create something of my own!'.
"With millions of cooking instruction options online, French Cooking Academy stands in a class by themselves. Stephane brings an authenticity to his video instructions and his passion for techniques are always present. He also does a great job of building new videos, using previously taught techniques to ensure consistent development. If you want entertaining, engaged, proper, and impressive French cooking techniques, you found the right teacher!"
Chris W, Boca Raton, Florida
"I guess that what I am saying is that this is a wonderful course. The French Cooking Academy is allowing me to come up with my own ideas based on what I am learning. I still have far to go, but what a voyage."
Robert Di Lalla, USA
Hi, I’m Stephane. Self-taught cook, You Tube creator and a passionate French culinary instructor.
Five years ago, I set out to master the art of French cooking from my kitchen. I have spent thousands of hours studying and practicing the techniques taught in the most exclusive culinary schools in France and from classics like Escoffier’s Guide Culinaire.
My mission is to make learning to cook French cuisine accessible and easy for the home cook. My unique approach to teaching the secrets of French cuisine has accumulated over 20 million views online and forged a community of cooking enthusiasts across the globe.
‘Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness’
- Auguste Escoffier
Frequently Asked Questions
‘The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, than the discovery of a new star.'
- Brillat Savarin